1.Make unit/faction/cost/special forces cheating impossible
2.Centralised servers needed so all games are visible and joinable in the same lobby. At the very least implement a streamlined regional server system where you can switch from Europe to US etc as you would switch from chat lobby to friendly lobby in RTW without the need to exit ETW and switch the servers manually via steam. (otherwise we will have a split community)
3.Public Chat and playerlist lobby needed with PM and ignore function (to keep MP community alive)
4.Many more maps needed for all kind of setups including sieges, especially teamgames 3vs3 and 4vs4 (at least one 4vs4 completely flat without obstacles for competitive games). Map editor would be perfect.
1.Playername should be visible on all units and ships (atm it impossible to see who is who in game)
2.Allied and enemy units/flags (color) very hard to differentiate from each other (in naval battles nearly impossible especially when same factions in different teams)
3.If player leaves the game before end, his name wont be shown in the endgamestatistic
4.Playernames not appearing in replays if the player quitted before end of game
5.Different color of firing range on snowy maps so ist visible
1.Filters in lobby and prebattle not working (clanmembers/friends et al.)
2.Logfiles needed (especially for competitive issues)
3.Automatically saving replays from the previous game as a temp "battle.rpy" file in case you forget to save it
4.Ping display in lobby and for players in setup stage
1.Teamchat on the army selection screen needed. Right now ist not possible to chat in game setup with allies to prepare armies and tactics
2.Allow at least to select one more money option (low), especially needed for those who want to play naval battles with few ships
3.Perfect would be an option for the host to define the rules in the setup stage via an option so no guest can violate the rules (restrictions or even removal of units possible to selct from etc)
4.Allow to set the number of players on all maps (like in previous titles)
5.Add an option to "Lock game" so you dont have to kick players
6.Add an option to delete saved preset armies
1.Allow host possibility to kick abusive or rule violating players
2.Add "Admit defeat" option in game
3.Teamchat not working, everyone can read whats written. Also too restricted amount of text and no room for larger conversations.
4.Add possiblility to show teammates where to go, attack, retreat etc (point at a certain location like in previous TW games)
1.Ladder system not working/visible, explanation for stars missing
2.Stars are not shown in setup stage
3.Plugging out modem cable when loosing terminates steam connection and is not punished (easy to keep undefeated)
4.lost connection of one player (even in teamgames) ends game instantly
1.Mortars are too ranged, cheap and accurate. Historically mortars were only used in sieges.
2.Same for rocket ships
3.Limit artillery ammo
4.Make the fortress wall a little bit stronger
5.Possibly less affective fatigue on cav (15-20%)
6.Better price scaling on cav
7.Balance Howitzers vs normal canons?
8.Art generally too ineffective (except mortars)?
1.More historical battles
2.Fix general pathfining of units in battle
3.Fix light infantry`s arc of fire not facing forwards
4.Special abilities missing? (Ralley general etc)
5.Allow ability to customize Alt, Shift, Control
6.All games seem to be either close win or glorious win (when opponent quits)
7.Artillery doesnt limber/unlimber properly
Greetings fellow generals/admirals!
Here are my first impressions:
1. No completely flat maps (like grassy flat in previous titles) for tourney/clan games. It would be perfect to have 4 of them (1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4). Hillcamping might be a big problem here. Would be nice to see these kind of maps as soon as possible.
2. 3vs3 maps are completely missing, these are very popular games on RTW and M2TW MP though
3. No public lobby. This will kill the fun and the essence of clans (who are the guarantee for ongoing online gaming and a prospering community = ongoing sellings). There should be at least a possibility to see who is online (besides the friends list) and to be able to chat in private with these guys.
4. Infantry runs at WARP 9 speed
5. Sometimes (especially in 4vs4) you have all players in and all got ready but the countdown wont start. Why is that. And why is there no error message what/who causes the conflict?
6. A mate from US and one from Australia tried to join our games (Europe). They couldnt find them or join them unless they changed there server location to Europe too... very odd... has the potential to kill the MP community
7. Played a naval battle 2vs2 with 2 brits vs 1 brit and 1 swedish. the 3 brits all looked the same. everything was completely mixed up. full chaos. if this wont be fixed I would strongly suggest people to use a rule like: Each faction only once selectable per match. Problem is also caused by the possibility to play with the same nation in different teams. Deadly for teamgames.
8. Antivir has to be turned off to host with decent stability for quite a few players (no new issue compared to previous titles though)
9. I can only select medium and high money. why is that? people i talk with can host/play low cash....
10. Games were paused sometimes but there was no message who caused the trouble. also are there any possibilities to kick laggers from the game?
11. In one game I chatted with my teammate via friendschat. each time i pressed shift + tab the game stopped untill I disabled the friends chat.
12. mortars seem to be quite overpowered
13. The ingame chat is rather inferior and I noticed that people leave much quicker during the game than before (wasnt the opposite intended)
14. Ppl leave much quicker in the set up stage of a game than in previous titles and there is no possibility to ban them for the future.
15. The friends list is not very accurate if you have lots of names in it. Public lobby would be better
16. the clanmember filter doesnt seem to work. When I want to invite people to my games I get all my friends even though I only filter clanmates.
17. Cant find an option to admit defeat. All I have noticed is that people just quit it and you are forced to play vs CPU
18. games crash completely when players leave/possible alt tab or loose connection (might motivate ppl even more to "crash" games to avoid defeats)
This game has a very big potential, but MP atm seems to be very unfinished and ppl might loose interest in it very quickly if the problems wont be fixed. MP has lost a lot of its best features Gamespy gave us. Why not combining the best of steam and GS? ETW is a great product but MP needs proper polishing. I wouldnt like to see the (strong) MP community turning back to RTW, M2TW or even completely away from TW games.