*Recommend this become a sticky
This FIX is for people who are having problems with The Sound cutting in and out of:
- Intro Video
- Road To Independence videos
- SEGA Intro
Okay so I tried all the suggested fixes that people have given on the forums. None worked. I even tried to edit my bios to fix the problem.
I found the solution by my own experiences.
TO FIX THE SOUND BUG DO THE FOLLOWING:
* MUST HAVE Left 4 Dead Game OR Get The FREE Left 4 Dead Demo
1. Go To Program Files
2. Go To STEAM Folder
3. Go To STEAM Apps
4. Go To Common
5. Go To Empire Total War
6. COPY the file Binkw32.dl and store it in a backup folder on your desktop
7. GO BACK one Folder (Before Step 5)
8. Go To Left 4 Dead (Demo)
9. Go To bin
10. COPY the file binkw32.dll
11. Go Back To Empire Total War folder
12. DELETE or OVERRIDE the file binkw32.dll
13. NOW PASTE the file binkw32.dll
14. THATS IT!
GO back to the game... it should work.
I hope it works for you. Let me know.
Cause of BUG: Problem with the latest version of BINK Video Codecs
[DarKTW] Edit **
- When running on older AMD 64 dual-core CPUs, my video skips - my machine is really fast, why is this happening?
- There is a bug in the Windows system timer code when running on some older AMD CPUs. The easiest way to work around it is to edit your c:\boot.ini file with Notepad, and add the switch "/usepmtimer" (without the quotes) onto the end of the Windows lines under the [operating systems] section, and then reboot. This problem is fixed in Windows XP SP2 and doesn't happen in Vista.